- This event has passed.
June 8, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The 16th annual Strawberry Day — EFM’s longest-running event — will be held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 8, in Centre Square and will feature strawberry eats, treats and take home goodies. Here are some strawberry treats and more info about this ‘berry’ special day at EFM.
- Freshly-picked berries from Phillips Farms or Comeback Orchards (organic)
- Strawberry Baklava from Aladdin Middle Eastern
- The famous Strawberry Rhubarb Pies from Tomblers Bakery
- Norwegian Waffles with Strawberries from The Little Waffle
- Strawberry Shortcake from Sycamore Grille
- Sweet & Sassy Strawberry Salsa from Farmstand Recipes
- Strawberry Smoothies from Terra Cafe
- Rasta Nitro Tea made with kiwi and strawberry, Strawberry Bubble Tea, Organic Strawberry Green Tea or loose leaf Organic Green Strawberry Tea from Fieldstone Coffee Roasters and Tea Leaf
- Several strawberry doughnut flavors from Doughnut Love including a customer fave: Doughnut Strawberry Shortcake (vanilla cake doughnut bursting with fresh strawberries, topped with a homemade strawberry compote and cinnamon whipped cream)
Be sure to check out a cooking demo by Chef Amanda Cox, of Owowcow Creamery, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Cox will present strawberries three ways for guests to sample (while supplies last):
- Appetizer: Pan-seared feta with roasted locally-grown strawberries, honey, mint, thyme, and warmed sourdough bread
- Cocktail: Muddled strawberry beer cocktail using white rum
- Dessert: Local Strawberry Balsamic Basil Ice Cream and shortcake with whipped cream and roasted strawberries on top.
In addition to the strawberry eats, families can stop by the Power of Produce (POP) tent, where kids (ages 4-12) can sign up to be part of the POP club for the season. Each week POP members can participate in a featured activity to earn POP bucks to shop the market for healthy fruits and veggies from EFM vendors. Activities throughout the season will include cooking demos, crafts, scavenger hunts and more. This Saturday, POP members can participate in a ‘berry’ special activity – Strawberry Salsa Sampling!
On Strawberry Day, Smartivities Showcase will offer free face painting, Merchants Bank will host a Strawberry Patch selfie station and customers can also ‘Pick-a-Berry Special’ at the EFM Merchandise Tent.
The market will feature live music by Bob Keel (10 a.m. to noon), and Weyerbacher Brewing and Social Still will be featured in the Local Libations tent. Mud & Maker pottery and Howe Sharp knife sharpening will be guest vendors this week.